If you or a loved one are seeking help to overcome an addiction to codeine, then consider the benefits of inpatient codeine addiction treatment. Inpatient treatment facilities offer superior services, and have a proven success rate at helping individuals to safely stop using codeine. Codeine is a dangerous drug that can have negative results when a person abuses it and becomes addicted to it.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, codeine and other opioids present a high risk of fatal overdose due to their effect of depressing the central nervous system, which can slow or stop the heart and lungs.
What are Some Benefits of Inpatient Codeine Addiction Treatment?
Inpatient treatment is the best option for individuals with a severe addiction to codeine. Other treatment programs can provide excellent services also, but for someone that may need help through the process, inpatient services can offer medical support and much more. Some benefits to consider include:
- 24-hour daily monitoring and medical assistance. This is very important, especially since many individuals can experience withdrawal symptoms. Some symptoms can be painful, and health complications can arise if no one is there to help them through it.
- No access to drugs. Inpatient facilities are drug-free. There is no worry of an individual being tempted to use codeine since it will be impossible for them to get any.
- Nutritious meals for a balanced diet are provided. A great benefit for many that have poor appetites due to drug use. A side effect of codeine addiction can be loss of appetite. They can regain their physical and mental strength weakened by poor eating habits.
- Meet others that are facing similar issues. There is no need to feel shame or encounter the painful criticism from others. The individuals at an inpatient treatment center are there for the same reason-to overcome a codeine addiction. Each can help support one another emotionally through the recovery process.
- No outside influences to cause relapse. All negative situations are out of the way. An individual can be able to focus on their own self, and on their goal to be drug-free.
- Safe environment. Inpatient facilities have a structured environment that take safety seriously. Supervision of all individuals is a main concern to help them through the process of recovery. A trained medical staff is always available to answer any questions, to talk, and in case of an emergency-to provide medical assistance.
There are other benefits to consider when thinking about inpatient treatment. If you or a loved one have failed with other programs and ended relapsing, then consider inpatient treatment to help overcome codeine addiction. The more severe the addiction, the better the chance for recovery at an inpatient treatment center.
What Other Therapies Are Offered For Codeine Addiction Treatment?
Another benefit of inpatient treatment are the various therapy options available. Many centers can offer behavioral therapies as well during one-on-one counseling sessions. Codeine addiction can affect a person’s physical and mental health. A successful recovery can involve a number of therapies, including exercises and activities.
Depending on the inpatient facility and the individual’s needs, some centers may offer additional services or resources that another may not. By talking to an addiction specialist, you or a loved can get the help you need in finding the inpatient treatment center that is right for you.